UPDATE: December, 2014: This plugin hasn’t been actively worked on since I originally coded it. Chiefly this was due to a lack of time, but also a lack of interest. I have tested it on WP 4.0.1 and it works. The plugin code itself is a bit stale, however, that said, it might be good enough 😀 – ed
Easily add chord diagrams and styles to your website with this nifty plugin.
How To Install
- Download the UkeGeeks WordPress plugin .zip file to your computer.
- Login to your blog’s WordPress admin (wp-admin)
- Click “Plugins” in the left sidebar
- Click “Add New”
- You’ll see a link at the end of the sentence about plugins extending WordPress — there’s a link that says “upload a plugin in .zip format via this page” — click the “this page” link.
- The rest is super easy — “Choose File”, then click “Install Now”
- After a moment you’ll get the “Plugin installed successfully” page — click “Activate Plugin”
You’ve done it!
To use this you just need to wrap the song portion of your blog posts in this short tag:
[ukegeeks-song] like this:
This would just be part of my normal post.
[C]This is my song, [E7]a song I like
But [A7]oh! I can't sing!
Oh, [D7]woe! True, [G7]I cannot [C]sing [G7]
This is back to normal post content.
It’s important that you include the begin and end tags — the end tag includes a forward slash.
NOTE: This plugin only works on installed WordPress sites you host: WordPress.com users, this is not for you.